Ninja Theory is looking for an exceptional Senior Combat Designer with creative flair, meticulous attention to detail, strong technical experience and good problem solving skills. The right candidate will initially be working under direction from the Creative Director and experienced combat designers but is ultimately expected to be able to shoulder the whole responsibility for combat design and implementation on a given project.
We are aiming to set the bar for next-generation melee action and this is a rare opportunity to join a studio renowned for its action-melee focus.
The candidate will have proven experience in games with a demonstrable talent for creating intricate game mechanics. The combat engine is proprietary and built within Unreal Engine 4 and so good experience with scripting or blueprints is expected as well as experience working with engine coders. The combat design role requires a good artistic eye as it will involve working closely with the Creative Director, animators, effects artists and sound designers.
Ninja Theory are a team of experienced and friendly professionals who value collaboration, communication and a burning desire to make amazing experiences.
If you’re interested, it’s essential that you can demonstrate:
- 5+ years games industry experience (or equivalent demonstrable skill set) with published titles that demonstrate a significant contribution in combat or game mechanics.
- Flare and talent – someone who will inspire us with their vision, solutions and ideas.
- Strong ability to work with animators and have a good critical eye for animation.
- Deep knowledge of level editors and scripting within Unreal Engine/UE4.
- Experienced in playtesting and usability process.
- Vast experience of playing combat games, knowing what makes them tick.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount at Ninja Theory.
If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you!
This position has a closing date of 27th March 2018. We aim to get back to you with feedback as soon as possible after we have received your application. Please quote reference NT/SD/FEB18 in the subject bar.